Author Topic: Available for a Limited Time, Links to Oscar Nominated Animated Shorts. Enjoy!  (Read 1318 times)

DGSquared

• Kudos: 8
  • May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
We used to take the kids to the Santa Barbara Film Festival to watch the Animated Shorts. Several make it to the short list of Oscar Nominations.

Typically, one ticket would give you from 7 to 14 or so short animations, some with intense, emotional subject matter but entertaining and well crafted nonetheless. You'd have to go two or three of these to see the entire lineup of shorts but the tickets are expensive for families on a budget, so we had to choose one. We all loved them.

I subscribe to Indiewire and they sent links to a few of this year's Oscar nods. Enjoy.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

DGSquared

• View Profile
Up first, Bilby.  <--Click to watch and enjoy, Bilby. Eight minutes, including credits available through a link sent to me by Indiewire.

Threatened by the dangers in the Australian Outback, two adorable creatures keep each other alive, or not. 
It's cute and leaves you with a warm, fuzzy feeling.

That's the best synopsis I can do right now, as I'm recovering from a 48 or so hour bout of food poisoning.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 01:36:38 AM by DGSquared »
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Firefly

• Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Aw that was cute, liked it a lot thanks mate  ;D
Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive

DGSquared

• View Profile
This one by, Dream Works TV, is done completely in watercolor to keep the watercolor look For your enjoyment, Bird Karma.  <--Click here for four minutes of, well, karma. Then stay an extra minute for the credits because watching animation and not watching the credits is bad karma.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 02:04:53 AM by DGSquared »

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

DGSquared

• View Profile
This one has mild language expletives, not so unusual these days in animation. When the kids were little, I don't recall hearing cursing in any of the animations we saw on the big screen, though there were several emotional shorts about death and dying that would make us parents cringe if we didn't have fair warning to prepare the kids. Then, South Park came to Comedy Central in the US and the lid came off for parents who wanted to shield their children from four-letter words.

Age of Sail, is twelve minutes of storytelling that reminds us, friendship comes in the most unexpected ways.
  ^
  ^ Click to watch.

I quite like this one. Does anyone know a sailor who doesn't swear?

« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 02:24:37 AM by DGSquared »

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 37
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
I enjoyed that.

In answer to your question...  Dad swore, but he had a volume control and swore quietly when ladies were present.  Mum said I was the same.  I like to think I still am.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 10:04:37 PM by Gyppo »

DGSquared

• View Profile
We know you're a polite gentleman, Gyppo.

Blondesplosion! ~Deb