Author Topic: Alice a Country Girl  (Read 1135 times)

DGSquared

• Kudos: 8
  • May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
Alice a Country Girl
« on: January 10, 2019, 06:48:51 AM »
For those of us who knew and loved her, which is pretty much anyone who ever talked to her, I found this on Facebook today. It was posted by her son, Rick Copple in Sept of 2017 but it is such a lovely photo of our lovely Alice, I had to share it here.

The link: ]https://www.facebook.com/alice.kiker]
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Spell Chick

• Kudos: 16
  • Choose well
    • View Profile
Re: Alice a Country Girl
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 12:19:50 PM »
For people without FB
Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2019, 12:30:31 AM »
Thank you, Patti.  Our internet connection is so crappy, I couldn't get it to load before it timed out.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Mastafrank

• Kudos: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2019, 04:28:28 PM »
 :-*

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2019, 08:21:44 AM »
Alice's son, Rick and I have chatted a bit over the holidays and he posted the following in MWC. With his permission, I am sharing it here for everyone else who knew and loved Alice but no longer ventures into the land of days gone by. From this link:http://mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=60731.msg1209374;topicseen#msg1209374

Here 't'is:

"Hi DG and other folk. Can't believe it has already been about two and a half years since she passed on. Time flies. Not sure why I never did do this, but I have a treat for you all. I did a slide-show of her life in pictures at her memorial service. I still have it, and uploaded it to my website for you folk to download and check out. It is a PowerPoint presentation, which means once you download it and open it up, you just have to hit F5 to watch the slideshow. The pictures will change automatically. If you don't have powerpoint, it will run fine in LibreOffice's (Open Office) version of PPt.  It's about 44 MGs which is why I need to put it into a link to download it. So, if you want to access it to remember her by, you can do so at this link. Note: the opening slide says she was born in 1942. I found out, at the memorial service, that it should have read 1940. Just a perception that was wrong I've had all my life. Duh. Anyway, it displays pictures of her through her life that are roughly in chronological order. Thanks again for all your prayers, as I'm preparing to head out to TX to attend the memorial my younger brother who died of cancer this past month. Following is the link:

http://www.rlcopple.com/images/Alice%20Kiker.ppt

If the above doesn't post as a link, copy and paste it into your browser to download.'

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Laura

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 12:27:16 AM »
Thanks, Deb.

I still think of Alice often  :'(
If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.
Tallulah Bankhead