Author Topic: BWF Bar and Grill  (Read 684950 times)

DGSquared

• Kudos: 8
  • May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
Re: BWF Bar and Grill
« Reply #6225 on: January 01, 2022, 03:52:20 AM »
I hope all of you have a safe, healthy, joyful, comfortable new year.

I love you all.

~Deb
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 37
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: January 01, 2022, 08:35:22 AM »
We can but try ;-)

Mastafrank

• Kudos: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6227 on: January 01, 2022, 10:09:18 AM »
5 hours into the new year I'm happy to report that all seems well.I got a wee drink sans getting too inebriated.I took the dog out for a lovely stroll down foggy streets...

Happy new year,and thanks for putting up with my shenanigans ;D

Spell Chick

• Kudos: 16
  • Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: January 01, 2022, 02:27:49 PM »
Around 7.30 last evening we went outside for the better part of an hour to watch neighbors lighting off fireworks. Some were spectacular. Then we came inside and around 11 PM I went to bed and fell fast asleep, knowing the new year would still be here in the morning.

I must live in a very affluent neighborhood with people who have money to burn. At midnight, the real fireworks began with all the loud booms and sizzles. I have no idea if they were pretty, I was trying unsuccessfully to sleep. They went on until about 12.45. That was a lot of gunpowder. Guy Fawkes would have been proud.

I should have played my gym music REALLY LOUD this morning to return the noise favor.
Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

WordBird

• Kudos: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: January 01, 2022, 04:35:52 PM »
I got my covid booster and the annual flu shot yesterday morning. I had no problem falling asleep. It was the staying asleep that became the problem. I woke up around 2am and have been awake since. I may have dosed for a few minutes after he got up, but it couldn't have been for very long. I couldn't get mad because he had no way to know that I had just dozed when he walked in to ask me if I wanted the window opened to hear the rain. That was relaxing, but not enough for any sleep.

I finally got up because I was so tired of laying there being tired. Thankfully I'm off work until Monday so there's time to recover. Back in the day, I felt like crap on NYD because of all the fun and excitement. Today I feel like crap because I'm old and probably shouldn't have gotten both shots at the same time.

Motivation for Life

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: January 04, 2022, 02:13:36 PM »
I found the booster by itself, was a bit more kickass than the first two doses. Just as a point of reference. I hope you recovered in time to get back to work. hahahahaha

Dansinger

• Kudos: 9
  • Home is where the cat is
    • View Profile
    • Daan Katz
« Reply #6231 on: January 06, 2022, 01:53:19 PM »
I had my booster just before the new year. And, BTW: Happy New Year to you all!

My sister kicked the new year off positive - despite being fully vaccinated and boostered. Her husband tested positive, too, but so far their children are bug-free.

Thankfully, my sister is recovering quite well, quite probably because she was fully vaccinated and boostered, but I was worried at first, since she has asthma.

I'm voluntarily isolating again, until my booster has had enough time to fully "take".
Daan Katz, Author - Where the Magic Happens
Join my facebook group Daan's Magical Worlds

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: January 07, 2022, 01:07:29 PM »
My niece and her oldest daughter were positive. The next day, my niece's husband tested positive, too. The three other kids were farmed out to safe relatives and now everyone is mended and back to their regularly scheduled life.

So far, we have remained healthy (or as healthy as we can be at this stage).

Dansinger

• Kudos: 9
  • Home is where the cat is
    • View Profile
    • Daan Katz
« Reply #6233 on: January 07, 2022, 09:11:12 PM »
Well, my other sister has the Covid bug too, now, and since she sat her arse too close to me on New Year's day (she's a mental patient and doesn't quite understand social distancing), I did a self test today. Negative. No symptoms either, so I'm probably in the clear. I still have to quarantine till Tuesday.
Daan Katz, Author - Where the Magic Happens
Join my facebook group Daan's Magical Worlds

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: January 08, 2022, 01:59:26 PM »
South Carolina only recently topped a million cases and we are just going crazy with the numbers. We have had 100,000 cases in the last couple weeks. As far as I know, I'm still okay.

Mastafrank

• View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: January 09, 2022, 11:46:18 PM »
And people wonder why I hibernate all winter ;)

Bones I'll have a lemon and cinnamon honey hot Toddy...

No booze today

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: January 10, 2022, 12:13:48 AM »
I've often wondered if our primitive ancestors semi-hibernated during the winters.

Mastafrank

• View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: January 10, 2022, 12:18:25 AM »
I've often wondered if our primitive ancestors semi-hibernated during the winters.

Yesterday was one of the rare times I'll keep the dog indoors.I don't mind cleaning his poop.Little bugger tried to place a grocery bag on top

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #6238 on: January 10, 2022, 02:29:01 PM »
It never got that cold in Ohio. Of course, I just opened the back door and let the dog out and then very soon thereafter, let the dog back in.

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: January 15, 2022, 05:21:39 AM »
I'm just going back to bed at 5-15 am.  Woke up at 4-30 with a serious case of the wide-awake 'fidgets.

Ah, the joys of living alone.  I can get up and barge around a bit without having to worry about other folks who are still sleeping.

Back later.

Gyppo