Author Topic: BWF Bar and Grill  (Read 579941 times)

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 37
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
Re: BWF Bar and Grill
« Reply #5835 on: February 08, 2021, 07:02:47 AM »
[Gyppo strides in as if he owns the place.]

"Bones, you calciferous old coot.  Here's a decent wad of notes to put behind the bar.   Free booze and nosh for anyone who wants to raise a glass for me today.  All day.  And you can even let it run over a bit longer if there's any stragglers.

"Keep the change.  If there's enough left over take your skeletal lady, Shaky, out on the razzle for a while."

[The jukebox stirs, it's electrons tickled by this event, and decides only one tune is appropriate.]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyLhMgB_hcE

Gyppo
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 11:07:34 AM by Gyppo »

Mark Hoffmann

• Kudos: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: February 08, 2021, 10:21:58 AM »
Bones has a wife?!!!! He kept that bloody quiet. I'd always wondered how he'd worked his fingers to the bone. Know I know he's a husband (AKA manservant) all is clear.

I'll have a double espresso and a danish pastry, please, to celebrate Gyppo's continued journey towards the library at the end of the universe.

Writing humour is the hardest thing since sliced bread.

The Severed Hands of Oliver Olivovich
UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087SLGLSL
US - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087ZN6L6V

FB Author Page - https://www.facebook.com/Mark-Hoffmann-Writer-102573844786590

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: February 08, 2021, 11:01:39 AM »
I'm not sure if Bones and Shaky are legally wed.  That's never been made clear, but she used to be around fairly often in 'the old place'.  They got caught on the CCTV late one night before I taught him how to disable it for a while.

Love the idea of 'the library at the end of the universe'.

Gyppo

« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 11:06:54 AM by Gyppo »

Mark Hoffmann

• Kudos: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: February 08, 2021, 11:51:57 AM »
I suppose without sexual organs, it's more a dance than intercourse. But if it makes them happy, who are we to criticise.
Writing humour is the hardest thing since sliced bread.

The Severed Hands of Oliver Olivovich
UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087SLGLSL
US - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087ZN6L6V

FB Author Page - https://www.facebook.com/Mark-Hoffmann-Writer-102573844786590

Spell Chick

• Kudos: 16
  • Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: February 08, 2021, 03:20:25 PM »
Happy birthday, Gyppo

I wish you many more good times. And a quit run through the bad times. And much happiness. And all that smarmy stuff.

Bones
Coffee please. Add a shot of Bailey's to it. And some lemon scones with clotted cream. And a side of bacon, the American kind, cooked crisp.
Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Laura

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: February 08, 2021, 09:27:22 PM »
It looks like Bones is busy, Spell. You'll have to serve yourself.
If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.
Tallulah Bankhead

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: February 08, 2021, 10:25:02 PM »
Even Bones can't last forever. That's just now what his name is for. I got my scone and bacon. It was delicious.

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #5842 on: February 09, 2021, 03:04:59 PM »
My new pill was making me pretty damn dizzy every time I stood up. I had to cut Saturday's workout short because I just couldn't manage to go on even though I did the same thing the week before.

I'm getting acclimated to it and found that if I don't sit for hours on end in the first place, I don't get dizzy when I stand up. So I moved more frequently and didn't have any dizziness at all yesterday. My workout was grueling, but I managed the entire thing.

On Tuesdays, Dick works out with me. We were doing our metcon which had
8 KB deadlift
8 Russian KB swings
8 lateral squats

I breezed through that without a problem. I do a round and then Dick does a round.
He paused between the deadlifts and the swings (I hadn't) and then he just stood there. He finally had to admit that he was lightheaded and dizzy. He finally recovered and managed the other four rounds without incident, although he had to break each set into moves with rests in between. I just did each round at a go.

I think my pills are finally getting along with my body. I hope so. I haven't felt all that wonderful for the last several days.
Taking a pill to stave off future trouble while you aren't having any trouble now is annoying. Doing so and having them make you feel worse is a true pain in the ass.

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5843 on: February 15, 2021, 03:16:43 AM »
Serious attack of the 3am fidgets here.  Wide awake.

Two slices of toast and a hot chocolate will cure that in an hour or so.  A quick scurry around the internet, a quiet sit in the front room with a book, and then I'll be ready to sleep again.

It's been almost none-stop fine rain here for a few days now.  yesterday morning looked almost promising, grey but not gloomy for the first hour, and then the rain came back with a lead grey sk.

It feels as if the damp has seeped into my soul.  But what can I expect, it's bloody February anyway ;-)

This too shall pass.  But it seems to be passing extra slowly this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBJRD1VkxmI

Gyppo

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: February 15, 2021, 03:19:53 PM »
My blood pressure is occasionally high. It is starting to have a system effect and so I have finally consented to treatment. As a resisting patient, I resist. As a compliant patient, I comply. Totally.

The adult dose for this pill is 20 - 40 mg and I have been taking 5 mg. My blood pressure is now surely low enough. It has been getting low enough to treat medically to raise it enough so I don't die. I have been dizzy, lightheaded, and suffering for orthostatic hypotension (that trying to fall over when you stand up feeling) as well as constant lethargy.

I sent a message to my doctor via her website on Saturday. I got a call from her office this morning at 8,30. Cut the pill in half and let her know in five days if things are better.

I have been on vascular drugs twice in the past for my migraines (which completely disappeared when I stopped being a nurse). They did this to me then, as well. This is not as bad as one of the pills, but worse than the other. So I will see if a teeny, tiny dose will do the trick without doing too much of the trick.

I hope so. I have been much sicker with the treatment than I was with the illness.

Vienna

• Kudos: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5845 on: February 15, 2021, 04:19:34 PM »
Drinks on me everybody, a belated Happy Birthday Gyppo. Ill have a pint of Timmy Taylors please. A lovely day today, sun shining and yes school started again, i mean proper school where the kids and wife bugger off early every morning. Hope this keeps up, they test the kids twice a week, lets hope eh.

Cheers all

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #5846 on: February 15, 2021, 11:23:43 PM »
Found this and it made me laugh

Jo Bannister

• Kudos: 13
  • If this was easy, anyone could do it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5847 on: February 16, 2021, 10:45:18 AM »
Mind you, I wonder how much stabbing a corpse with your shooting-stick actually achieves...

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5848 on: February 16, 2021, 10:56:22 AM »
All it does is establish a potentially troublesome forensic link with the stiff.  Which is generally something to be avoided.  Even if you had nothing to do with it achieving a state of terminal rest ;-)

Gyppo

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #5849 on: February 16, 2021, 02:51:21 PM »
I thought it was a passed out drunk. Oh my. May the poor dude RIP.

I took just half a pill last night and feel much better today. I hope it isn't just me telling myself to feel better. When I finished my workout (having done more this week than last week) I still had some color in my face and blood swooshing around my brain. My BP was consistent with life. I hope this lasts.