Author Topic: BWF Bar and Grill  (Read 303391 times)

Spell Chick

• Kudos: 14
  • Choose well
    • View Profile
Re: BWF Bar and Grill
« Reply #5040 on: May 18, 2020, 02:14:30 PM »
I did a quarter Murph
400 meter walk
25 pull up subs which were bent over rows with a 40# bar
50 push ups
75 air squats
400 meter walk
time was 16.58
That was a week and a half ago and something for my gym

Did it all again today but with 50# on the rows for my son's stuff
Did it in 15.00 flat
Cut nearly two minutes off my time.

I may be getting stronger. Well, for an old fart.

Bones, a couple eggs over easy, some bacon, half and English muffin, and coffee. And maybe a bowl of strawberries and blueberries mixed together. Those are pretty tasty. Thanks. And maybe some more coffee.
Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.
Daily Tidbits A daily ... tidbit. My new blog.

Firefly

• Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi
  • Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: May 21, 2020, 12:44:25 AM »
Bones, a latte hot and strong please mate. It's a rainy day here, the birds are loving it
Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: May 21, 2020, 01:27:33 PM »
I went to the grocery store at around 7 AM in the hopes of not sharing the same space with too many people. The only thing that was still bare the paper products aisle. What in the holy hell are people doing with paper towels, toilet paper, and napkins? There were still boxes of Kleenex available. I came home and washed my hands and put the groceries away and washed my hands and changed my clothes and washed my hands. I used Clorox wipes all over the kitchen, the car, and every door handle in the house. And then I washed my hands. I just feel so dirty!

Bones, I nice cup of coffee might calm me down. And some strawberry pie with whipped cream would probably taste good with it. Thanks.

Firefly

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: May 22, 2020, 09:30:29 AM »
Oz has dodged this so far but I fear winter will change that

Mark Hoffmann

• Kudos: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: May 22, 2020, 10:10:40 AM »
Bones, you look stupid in those latex gloves. I've told you a thousand times, skeletons can't catch covid. Take them off and make me an espresso. I'll also have a Jules Destrooper almond thin and a cape gooseberry.

Today I wrote my 1000+ words before breakfast. A nice easy section in which Sir Septimus gets his ears boxed by Lady Agatha. The new characters are having fun, especially Sir Thomas Kramhole, master secretary to The King and Dickie Blarder, the baboon buggering archbishop of Belper.

In fact, Bones, I feel like celebrating; make it 2 Jules Destrooper almond thins.
Writing humour is the hardest thing since sliced bread.

The Severed Hands of Oliver Olivovich
UK - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B087SLGLSL
US - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087ZN6L6V

FB Author Page - https://www.facebook.com/Mark-Hoffmann-Writer-102573844786590

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: May 22, 2020, 02:32:29 PM »
No hairdryer crisis during the writing?

I slept in and then did yoga and then remembered in the middle of yoga that I was supposed to have dinner already in the slow cooker. Oh well, I guess we are eating just a bit later than I had originally planned.

WordBird

• Kudos: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: May 23, 2020, 02:45:16 PM »
Good Morning Everyone!

I love the rain FF.  The only part I don't like as I get older is the pain in my joints when the pressure changes.  So I'm not a fan of "it's gonna rain" but I can still enjoy while it rains.

Bones, Patti's bar tab is on me all day. She's already achieved an awesome accomplishment this morning.

I just got a promotion with a double digit percentage increase.  I always work hard and do quite a bit more than others around me.  But I do that because I like to work, and I like having a job. Staying busy keeps me out of trouble and I'd rather gnaw my wrist in half as to be unemployed again.  So it isn't that I was surprised by the promo, I feel like I've earned it.  But an increase like that was unexpected.

Suffice it to say that my day job will remain a priority for me. However, it is very nice to be able to write and simply enjoy writing.

And the notice came out yesterday that we are going to be working from home for another month. I was a little surprised by that as well. I figured we'd start going back a couple days a week with alternating schedules. But apparently everyone is being super productive in their home offices, and masks are still required if you work on the premises. So they are just going to let us stay put for a while longer.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 03:04:21 PM by WordBird »
Motivation for Life

WordBird

• View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: May 23, 2020, 03:05:46 PM »
Morning Mark,

1000+ words before breakfast is quite an accomplishment as well.  I haven't heard of anyone getting their ears boxed in a long time.  ;D
Motivation for Life

Laura

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: May 23, 2020, 04:18:04 PM »
Congratulations on the raise, WordBird! It does sound like you earned it.
Wherever you go, there you are.

WordBird

• View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: May 23, 2020, 05:42:42 PM »
Thanks Laura!

The older I get the more I realize that every life experience has the potential to make me a better person....if I choose to let it.  And I could've avoided a lot of grief had I figured that out earlier.  But it isn't always just the cruddy experiences that are important.  Sometimes it is a seemingly neutral experience.

The job I had before this one, for example. We had a policy that every order had to be placed before we could leave for the day. If it came in before 5pm, we had to do it no matter how long it took. When I got this job, apparently that sense of urgency was non-existent, which made me look like a superstar.

I don't always get everything done before I stop for the day, but I do as much as I possibly can.  So while I'm over here churning out 25 to 30 quotes a day, everyone else is doing 5 maybe 10.

I've started playing this little game with myself. What have I done in my past that can positively influence my today. Many of you guys know me from years ago, and I was one of the most obnoxious people I know back then.  It makes for a nice turn of events to wake up and realize that all that is just really not necessary. Or helpful. Well....except staying out of jail. That's helpful.  ;D ;D
Motivation for Life

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: May 24, 2020, 12:29:22 PM »
I have always made staying out a jail a bit of a priority. hahahahah

Bones, I can still walk today, so that's a plus. How about a nice breakfast? I think a stack of pancakes with strawberry syrup, whipped cream, and some sliced strawberries on top. And coffee. Thanks.

WordBird

• View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: May 24, 2020, 03:31:34 PM »
Good Morning All!

I am one of those people who have to personally do something to learn it, apparently.  But all is well, at least I'm also a fast learner.   ;D ;D

Tomorrow is a holiday.  So I'm not sure if I'll do my normal Sunday "get ready for work" routine or put it off a day.  I do have a load of laundry going because all of my favorite pajamas need washed.  I think the best part of being able to work from home is not having to spend an hour getting all gussied up.

I have a new workbook template for Canva that I am super pumped about.  I may just spend my day looking at all the cool things I can do to customize it.  And it would be nice if I could get a few of my weekly posts done in advance. 

Bones, make some fresh coffee.  I don't want the stuff that's been sitting in that pot all morning.  And put some mocha cream in it. I feel like I deserve a little treat.
Motivation for Life

Gyppo

• Kudos: 30
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: May 25, 2020, 04:22:02 AM »
4-15 and too wide awake to go back to sleep just yet.  That'll teach me to go to bed at 10-30 ;-(

Too many ghosts, mostly friendly ones, tripping through my brain.

It's been a long time since I last had a night like this.

Firefly

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: May 25, 2020, 06:19:21 AM »
Go Bird, how amazing have your achievements been  :-* :-*

Sleep Gyp, I do miss that at times

Bones, no French toast, had that at a cafe yesterday, a real cafe and it was bloody amazing

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: May 25, 2020, 02:56:12 PM »
My sisters and I had a conference call last night that lasted 2 hours and 37 minutes. We talked and talked and laughed and laughed and it was wonderful. I hate that we aren't getting Sistercation this year, but we have truly mastered the conference call. My niece and nephew are working on setting us up with Zoom meetings or Google meetings or something and getting all the cousins involved in that, as well. I have an amazing family of smart people willing to work to make the old farts happy.

Bones, I'll have a spinach/ham/artichoke/cheese quiche and some fresh fruit and, of course, a cup of coffee. Thanks.