Author Topic: BWF Bar and Grill  (Read 167082 times)

DGSquared

• Kudos: 8
  • May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
Re: BWF Bar and Grill
« Reply #3555 on: July 09, 2019, 09:06:07 AM »
Hi Friends! Great to be back. It has been an interesting and stressful 2 and a half months but we are settling in to a nice rental, dodged the bullet on buying what would have been a nightmare money pit. After that last earthquake, I'm not so sure I want to buy here after all.

I see there were no posts in the bar for 3 days! I hope everyone is well. I have missed you all and will be back to write, play, and interact with everyone soon.

Hugs to all!

~Deb
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Gyppo

• Kudos: 26
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3556 on: July 09, 2019, 02:17:02 PM »
Hi Deb.  When Fly and Spell Chick are on holiday at the same time it gets a bit quiet.  And I've been busy and subdued by the heat.

Mark Hoffmann

• Kudos: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: July 09, 2019, 03:51:39 PM »
Try taking your combats off, putting down the goat, and eating ice cream.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 08:17:51 AM by Mark Hoffmann »
If you like Bob the Alien he gets a good run out in my NaPoWriMo 2018. Download pdf here: http://www.scribblers-ring.co.uk/downloads/napowrimo_mhh_201804.pdf

Gyppo

• Kudos: 26
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3558 on: July 09, 2019, 06:24:34 PM »
All at the same time?

Mark Hoffmann

• View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: July 09, 2019, 07:27:23 PM »
Yes. It will take your mind off the heat. It is possible but at your age, you might want to get a neighbour to help.
If you like Bob the Alien he gets a good run out in my NaPoWriMo 2018. Download pdf here: http://www.scribblers-ring.co.uk/downloads/napowrimo_mhh_201804.pdf

Noizchild

• Kudos: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3560 on: July 10, 2019, 05:43:39 AM »
I took too long tonight.

Spell Chick

• Kudos: 13
  • Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #3561 on: July 10, 2019, 11:32:57 PM »
My sisters left this morning. We had a wonderful time. They are in Tennessee now and will make it back to Ohio tomorrow and Pam flies out to Arizona on Friday.

I've been crying on and off all day.

We had a wonderful time and we laughed together and played nicely and now it over. There was a whole bunch of story telling going on. But then again, all three of us have kissed the Blarney Stone, so it is to be expected.
Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Noizchild

• View Profile
« Reply #3562 on: July 11, 2019, 02:12:48 AM »
Tonight will be better.

Mark Hoffmann

• View Profile
« Reply #3563 on: July 11, 2019, 08:19:36 AM »
Patti, Are you being metaphorical or have you really travelled to Ireland to kiss a lump of rock?

DGSquared

• May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3564 on: July 11, 2019, 08:24:04 AM »
My sisters left this morning. We had a wonderful time. They are in Tennessee now and will make it back to Ohio tomorrow and Pam flies out to Arizona on Friday.

I've been crying on and off all day.

We had a wonderful time and we laughed together and played nicely and now it over. There was a whole bunch of story telling going on. But then again, all three of us have kissed the Blarney Stone, so it is to be expected.

I can relate to that. While growing up, my younger sister and brother lived in West Virginia and I was in California. We were able to spend a whole two weeks together each summer. I was heartbroken once a year with every goodbye. 

The family is considering a road trip to West Virginia and Columbia, South Carolina to see my two living aunts and a cousin I was close to. It will likely be a farewell visit because I doubt we'll see each other again.  It's a long drive there and back to fit into 15 days. We thought we'd have three weeks but you know how jobs are... 

First I have to warn them we may be visiting. Ha.

I'm glad you had a great time with your sisters, Patti. Did you get together and misbehave properly? ;D

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: July 11, 2019, 01:33:57 PM »
Patti, Are you being metaphorical or have you really travelled to Ireland to kiss a lump of rock?

I really kissed the lump of rock. I climbed the 100 steps up, flopped over backwards, walked the 100 steps down and survived all germ transfer issues. My sister nearly crippled herself falling off the edge of the wheelchair ramp, twisted her ankle, and had to use a cane for the next several weeks until she healed.

My mother couldn't make the journey to the top of the castle. So we had to give her the kiss by proxy. This is one of my favorite pictures. I'm the redhead. Or ginger, if you like.

Mark Hoffmann

• View Profile
« Reply #3566 on: July 11, 2019, 05:34:26 PM »
Cool story  8)

Dansinger

• Home is where the cat is
    • View Profile
    • EDS Diaries - Enjoying life with Ehlers-Danlos
« Reply #3567 on: July 11, 2019, 07:57:56 PM »
I went on holiday to a different universe en enjoyed myself immensely. But, I finished the book and am still waiting for the next one to arrive, so I reluctantly found my way back to Earth.

Bones, I could do with a drink.
EDS Diaries - Enjoying life with Ehlers-Danlos
Work those fingers: write 250+ words a day
Write one poem a week

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #3568 on: July 11, 2019, 10:24:55 PM »
Bones, me too. Well, not the other universe, but the drink. Make mine a coffee.

Noizchild

• View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: July 12, 2019, 02:42:49 AM »
Made some money today.