Author Topic: BWF Bar and Grill  (Read 836892 times)

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 40
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
Re: BWF Bar and Grill
« Reply #6450 on: August 01, 2022, 09:51:36 AM »
;-)

Spell Chick

• Kudos: 16
  • Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #6451 on: August 01, 2022, 01:59:59 PM »
I've never understood people who thank God for almost, but not quite, dying. I mean, shouldn't God just have saved your damn believing ass?
Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6452 on: August 08, 2022, 02:34:06 AM »
I have a serious case of the 2 am fidgets.  Wide awake and sneezing like hell.  Hayfever attack of the most noisy kind.  Wouldn't be surprised if the neighbours can hear it.

So I gave in, got up, and took an extra pill.

I will now stay awake for an hour or so until the antihistamines kick in, enjoying a warm drink, and maybe listening to some quiet music until things settle down again.  Perhaps have a gentle meander down some of the Youtube byways. There's a couple of how to's I've been meaning to check up on.  Hey Ho ;-)

Gyppo

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #6453 on: August 08, 2022, 01:39:22 PM »
I hate insomnia. I used to be such a wonderful sleeper. I don't know what happened.

Jo Bannister

• Kudos: 13
  • If this was easy, anyone could do it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6454 on: August 08, 2022, 04:12:08 PM »
Time happened, Chick.

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6455 on: August 08, 2022, 04:38:18 PM »
It rolls on ;-)

Jo Bannister

• Kudos: 13
  • If this was easy, anyone could do it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6456 on: August 09, 2022, 09:20:46 AM »
When I was working at the paper, and needed to be at my desk by 8 on publishing days and 9 on other days, I slept like a top.  It took two alarms to be sure of getting me out of bed in time to be clean, fed and into town before the excrement encountered the air-conditioning.

Then I left the paper and started working for myself.  I could get up at any time.  I could work in bed if I wanted to.  (Though you have to be careful how you explain that to people.) 

And what happened?  Immediately - immediately - I was awake with the sun and up with the larks.  That's how it's been ever since.  If I wake up at six or after, I get moving.  If I wake up before 4 I can get back to sleep, but afterwards I just lie there fuming until 6.  Bodies are stupid!

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #6457 on: August 09, 2022, 12:36:03 PM »
Once upon a time, I would have my last cup of coffee at midnight while the next shift was getting report. I would get home at 12.45AM and be asleep before 1. Now, I can be exhausted, go to bed, and then toss and turn for an hour or so, give up, play mind numbing games for an hour or so, and then struggle to fall asleep.

Or I can fall quickly to sleep only to wake around 2 or 3 and be awake for a couple hours just doing nothing. Mind racing over nothing, tossing, turning, fuming about not sleeping.

And I'm drinking far less coffee now than I did back then and quit far earlier in the day.

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6458 on: August 09, 2022, 01:25:10 PM »
I rarely sleep for more than four hours at a time except when I'm ill.  But if I'm wide awake too early in the day I'll get up and do something for a while and then sometimes sleep for another three or four.  One of the major advantages of living alone ;-)

Dad, with his Naval background, told Mum that I was keeping 'watch-keeping hours'.  It took him years to learn to sleep like a 'Civvy', and he retained that old serviceman's trick of being instantly awake if something went wrong.

Even after his accident scrambled a large part of his memory that habit still remained.  If he was asleep all you had to do was shake his foot, like the navy 'shaker' waking the incoming watch ready to take over, and he'd be wide awake.  Yet by the same token he'd sleep quite happily through everyday 'normal noises'.

Gyppo
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 05:17:24 PM by Gyppo »

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #6459 on: August 12, 2022, 03:56:04 PM »
I read or heard somewhere that it is difficult to sleep the first night in any new place. Switching hotels must have been traumatic for my poor little head. Last night, second of seven here at this hotel, I finally slept all night long without a two to three hour break in the middle.