Author Topic: BWF Bar and Grill  (Read 579931 times)

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 37
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
Re: BWF Bar and Grill
« Reply #6075 on: July 13, 2021, 01:30:04 PM »
We had some serious rain yesterday.   A week's worth in about one hour.   nearly blew the lid off my rainwater butt.  Here's a picture of my own personal rainforest viewed through the back window.

Left click to enlarge.

Spell Chick

• Kudos: 16
  • Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #6076 on: July 13, 2021, 01:41:07 PM »
I was driving home and it dropped about three separate raindrops before the deluge hit. I had the wipers on high and still couldn't see. Luckily I inched my way home safely. Although it was adventuresome.
Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

thatollie

• Kudos: 4
  • Never make a decision standing up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6077 on: July 15, 2021, 08:51:05 PM »
We've been having the absolute best weather here, 15oC and overcast every day this week but completely dry.
The cool thing about writing what you know is that you can always know more.

Dansinger

• Kudos: 9
  • Home is where the cat is
    • View Profile
    • Daan Katz
« Reply #6078 on: July 16, 2021, 12:20:33 PM »
We've been having the heaviest rains in just about forever. The south of my country got flooded.
Daan Katz, Author - Where the Magic Happens
The Elven Curse - Kings, priests, elves, and a woman in a wheelchair

Mastafrank

• Kudos: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6079 on: July 18, 2021, 06:38:14 PM »
Bones a round for those celebrating Freedom day!

Got my second vaccine Thursday night Moderna X2) Spent all of Friday sick,either sleeping and or soaking in the tub, alternating hot or cold running water.Pigs was very sweet,made sure to give me plenty of boops)

Laura

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #6080 on: July 19, 2021, 11:57:20 AM »
Glad Pigs got you through, Frank! If that round includes coffee, I'm in!
If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.
Tallulah Bankhead

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #6081 on: July 23, 2021, 09:17:52 PM »
We got to spend time with the kids and their families. It was the first time in six and a half years that my sons have got to see each other. Dax did remarkably well and the rest of cousins had lots of fun, too. There was lots of noise, unlike in this house where it is mostly silent most of the time. We had a great time.

WordBird

• Kudos: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6082 on: July 24, 2021, 04:37:56 PM »
Greetings All,

We've had a lot of rain here as well.  The other night after parking my car in the barn, it poured.  So I stood there and listened to it hit on the metal roof.  When it stopped, I grabbed my stuff out of the car, and when I turned back around there was the rainbow. 

« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 04:42:47 PM by WordBird »
Motivation for Life

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #6083 on: July 25, 2021, 12:54:28 PM »
While rafting, I couldn't tell if I was getting wet from the river up or if it was raining down on me. It was raining. I was so wet, it didn't matter. I was glad I left my glasses in the car. They don't have wipers on them.

Jo Bannister

• Kudos: 13
  • If this was easy, anyone could do it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6084 on: July 25, 2021, 04:15:53 PM »
Still no rain here.  Nothing.  Maybe from mid-week.  The cows are now happily munching the silage that was made last week to feed them through the winter.  Leo's in the front garden, pretending to be a lawn mower - I leave the edges to grow specifically for this.  Me and the dog are inside, panting.

At least there's water in the pipes at the moment.

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6085 on: July 30, 2021, 05:40:11 AM »
5-30 AM.  This is a grand morning.  The wind is blowing, the sky is largely overcast, and the temperature is a comfortably cool 58 F outside, and 64 in my office.  If the shops were open I'd be there now, buying a few essentials before the day either settles in to rain, or gets ridiculously hot again.

I'll open the doors and windows wide for a while, have my stay-alive pills and breakfast, and then start checking things off my list.

In the meantime I'll have an all-day breakfast, Bones, if you'd be kind enough to fire up the grill.

A few curtains are twitching across the street, and I've seen one early dog-walker, but apart from that I've got the world to myself for a while.

It doesn't take a lot of cool to make me feel better about the world ;-)

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #6086 on: July 30, 2021, 12:39:16 PM »
Here in the South, it is 7.30 and 78 degrees. Not oppressively hot yet. I have a whole chicken in the slow cooker and will soon be heading out on my bike ride. I don't take my stay alive pills until evening. And the last one I take at bedtime. So this is a pill free zone for me.

As usual, I have no plans for the day. No projects to complete. I finished another blanket yesterday and it took me three tries to get the next one started. I guess I just couldn't count right yesterday, so I gave up on the whole counting thing and just made one that starts in the middle and works outward.

I did sleep for 8.5 hours last night, uninterrupted. I love when that happens. I used to be a Gold Medalist sleeper, but that changed about 20 years ago and I only get a solid night's sleep every once in a while now. The joys of old age.

Jo Bannister

• Kudos: 13
  • If this was easy, anyone could do it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6087 on: July 30, 2021, 09:23:11 PM »
Well, it serves me right for complaining about the drought.  It ended with a thunder storm that knocked out my broadband.  The woman at BT was brilliant - got a new hub to me within 24 hours, and offered to phone me on Saturday morning to check that it was working.  (She couldn't believe I didn't have some other internet-friendly device to send her an e-mail if it wasn't!)

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6088 on: July 30, 2021, 10:37:21 PM »
We had a short spell of darkness at noon - which is always a bit eerie - and two thundery sounds a few minutes apart.  One was a sudden and very loud clap, and the other was a very slow and long drawn out rumble.  No signs of a flash either time, so it must have been a fair distance away.

What I attributed to distant thunder a day or two ago may have been the rumbling echoes of an explosion as they demolished a large old building about eight miles away.  If I paid more attention to the local news I could have been there to see it and maybe get some pictures.

Gyppo

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #6089 on: July 31, 2021, 01:49:19 PM »
During our last thunderstorm, many of the thunder sounds were more explosive than crackling like. They sounded more like a barrel being destroyed than a bolt of lightning tearing the sky apart. I have no better way to describe the sound, only that it was very unlike normal thunder.