Author Topic: Anyone else?  (Read 1413 times)

AJTrelawny

• Kudos: 4
    • View Profile
Anyone else?
« on: November 07, 2018, 12:57:59 PM »
Just a thought, does anyone else 'get dressed for work' before sitting down to write in their alloted work time?

Obviously I can write in my PJ's, birthday suit or whatever else if inspiration strikes but for my four hours of work tune a week I like to dress as if I were going to work.

As a newbie writer I would be fascinated to know what other writers do to get in the zone?

Thanks in advance for your input.

AJTrelawny

• Kudos: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 12:58:51 PM »
That should say work time not work tune  ;D

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 37
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 12:45:18 AM »
I like to have my sleeves rolled up, but that's about the only 'ritual'.  I guess I equate rolled sleeves with working, whether it's writing or anything else.  Even when I'm bundled up in my dressing gown in cold weather the sleeves are usually rolled back at least halfway up my forearms.

I think for me it's all about comfort.  I very rarely write naked, unless I'm yanked from sleep by a sudden thought which needs to be captured before it escapes, but in hot weather I'll sit at the computer wearing just a pair of ragged old denim cut-offs.  (Here's a bottle of mental eye-bleach to wipe away that image.)

Gyppo

Dansinger

• Kudos: 9
  • Home is where the cat is
    • View Profile
    • Daan Katz
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 07:37:57 PM »
I always dress up. Except on Saturdays when I might decide to wear jogging trousers and a hoody. And on those days when I'm really unwell I won't even bother to get dressed at all. (This happens about once a year - if that often.) Because contrary to the image I'm trying to paint of myself online, I really am a gentleman. Like my dad, who's my role model and hero.
Found you a picture of me wearing just the kind of clothes I usually wear. (I'm the guy in the wheelchair. The people walking a behind me are my ex and children. And no worries, I don't usually race ahead.)
Daan Katz, Author - Where the Magic Happens
The Elven Curse - Kings, priests, elves, and a woman in a wheelchair

wanderer

• Kudos: 1
  • Senior
    • View Profile
    • Western Wood Artist
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2018, 12:11:41 AM »
Gee, I'm retired on my own schedule and just sit at the computer doing computer stuff/ carving/writing. I start the morning with a nice walk through a local cemetery and then the rest of the day is mine.

Since I'm a recluse, I don't need to adhere to any standards...but, but, no birthday suit.  :)