Author Topic: What odd things make you feel old?  (Read 35247 times)

Dansinger

• Kudos: 9
  • Home is where the cat is
    • View Profile
    • Gourmet Spoonie
Re: What odd things make you feel old?
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2019, 09:12:49 PM »
Having the body of a 90-year old when you're only in your fifties.
Gourmet Spoonie - Recipes and kitchen tips for the chronically ill and disabled

geoffnelder

• Kudos: 1
    • View Profile
    • Geoff Nelder Imagination Factory
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2019, 10:02:43 PM »
Mentioning that the first Blade Runner film was set in the "savage world" of November 2019 and asking if they think it is savage today, only for the younger ones to be mystified there was a 1982 Blade Runner film.

DGSquared

• Kudos: 8
  • May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2019, 09:31:01 AM »
For anyone who remembers me tearing through the old place shouting "DONE, DONE, DONE!" after finishing my first novel ever and then clapping my hands, falling on the floor and then falling asleep... THAT WAS 12 YEARS AGO.

Was that one you did for the NaNoWriMo? Are you doing one this November? That's quite an accomplishment, Ollie. I seem to recall you drinking lots of diet soda, or am I mistaken?
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

DGSquared

• Kudos: 8
  • May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2019, 09:32:07 AM »
Mentioning that the first Blade Runner film was set in the "savage world" of November 2019 and asking if they think it is savage today, only for the younger ones to be mystified there was a 1982 Blade Runner film.

I'm having fun with your grandkids, Geoff and I've never even seen a picture. ;D
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

geoffnelder

• Kudos: 1
    • View Profile
    • Geoff Nelder Imagination Factory
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2019, 05:42:27 PM »

[/quote]  I'm having fun with your grandkids, Geoff and I've never even seen a picture. ;D
[/quote]

Haha. So am I. I'll be with them tomorrow teaching the Blitzskrieg checkmate in 4 moves. It'll be fine with the 10-old but the younger one has moves best described as "Duck!"