Author Topic: What odd things make you feel old?  (Read 17054 times)

Dwin7454

• Kudos: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What odd things make you feel old?
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2019, 11:34:50 AM »
When the doctor says, "you're not twenty five anymore" and your hero, Peter Pan, is no longer there with a quick reply.

DGSquared

• Kudos: 8
  • May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2019, 07:06:56 PM »
When the doctor says, "you're not twenty five anymore" and your hero, Peter Pan, is no longer there with a quick reply.

Aw.

I felt old when I overheard a woman say to a man she was with, "Act your age."

I'm not sure how I would respond to that.  ;)
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

DGSquared

• Kudos: 8
  • May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2019, 08:16:08 AM »
On Monday, I attended and volunteered to work at an Andrew Yang for President 2020 Rally in Los Angeles, which in and of itself is weird and unprecedented for me. I'm not one to actually work a campaign. That's another story.

There were thousands of people at the rally. Mostly college students. I worked a booth directly in front of the stage at Macarthur Park, about 100 yards away, to the left of the news media platform.  Everyone, there was positive and touting the messages of Andrew Yang and how they were disengaged for so many years and finally found a person to champion in, Andrew Yang, or how they had, "Upgraded" from Bernie Sanders.

One of the volunteers hooked me up with, Slack, which I admitted I had never heard of and I was suddenly dubbed, The Boomer. "We got a Boomer here!"

The Boomer is a 56-year-old woman in a sea of Millenials. That is my official nickname with the group I volunteered with.
I wear that nickname with a sense of pride and a feeling of being old.

Oh, to be 19 or in my 20s again.

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb