Author Topic: My 1,320 Seconds of Fame  (Read 89 times)

DGSquared

• Kudos: 8
  • May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
My 1,320 Seconds of Fame
« on: December 02, 2019, 12:15:33 AM »
Me and Darren on the Super Market Sweep Game Show a few months before we were married.

This was a blast. Before we went on the show, Darren and I watched every episode carefully to scope out the priciest goods and what aisles they were in. The day we taped, they had just rearranged the store.  :o

We totally lucked out.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Firefly

• Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi
  • Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 7
    • View Profile
Re: My 1,320 Seconds of Fame
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 07:17:15 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D

How adorable are you two in that Deb. Watched about a third so far, finish it later but you two are fast lady!!
Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive

Mark Hoffmann

• Kudos: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2019, 07:53:45 AM »
You two are a couple of smarties. I almost felt sorry for the other contestants especially during the quiz when Darren was hammering out the answers!
If you like Bob the Alien he gets a good run out in my NaPoWriMo 2018. Download pdf here: http://www.scribblers-ring.co.uk/downloads/napowrimo_mhh_201804.pdf

Gyppo

• Kudos: 28
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 11:20:32 AM »
Whizz kids ;-)

The host's cardigan is a crime against innocent eyeballs.

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 07:28:33 AM »
You two are a couple of smarties. I almost felt sorry for the other contestants especially during the quiz when Darren was hammering out the answers!
Ha! I don't know about that. Our opponents did a good job of bitching us out at lunchtime. Darren whisked me away after we ate and said, "We can't listen or talk to them."  We had a strategy. ;-)

You must have missed the part where I'm dumbfounded and in an absolute panic in the last 30 seconds of the bonus round.
"Stagecoach? Stagecoach Chili?"

Darren found the bonus by pure luck. We never solved the last clue. We were in the treat aisle and he happened to see the fan of $1000 bills in the background. Funny thing is, it used to tick Darren off when some fool accidentally found the bonus money at the last second. That's exactly what we did. ;D
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 08:18:27 AM by DGSquared »
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2019, 07:40:09 AM »
Whizz kids ;-)

The host's cardigan is a crime against innocent eyeballs.

Right? He was really nice though.

They told us before taping, "Whatever you do, don't insult the host. If you insult the host, they may not air the show."
The girl to my right did just that. She told the producers, "Please don't ask me what I do. I'm embarrassed about being unemployed." So when Ruprecht asks her what's she's up to Gayle says, "About 5'2."

Darren was afraid they wouldn't air the show because Gayle ribbed the host. If the show doesn't air, you don't get to collect your winnings. He called the studio with his concern and they told him it was such a big win, they had to air it. Whew!

I was so nervous. I went the long way around after I got the Team Cereal in the first challenge because I didn't want to navigate those sharp corners. I was affraid I'd slip as I did right after Darren found the $5000.

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2019, 07:44:43 AM »
Please forgive my flamboyance. I was so excited to see this on Youtube the day I posted this thread.  Darren and I lost our VHS of this in the '94 Quake so I was kind of jazzed to see it.

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 08:23:15 AM »
;D ;D ;D

How adorable are you two in that Deb. Watched about a third so far, finish it later but you two are fast lady!!

You can fast forward through the commercials you know. ;-)  We were so nervous. I can't remember being more nervous in my entire life except maybe on our wedding day. I was pretty amped up right before I walked down the aisle. It was fun but if you knew how I was in real life, you'd laugh at the way I'm behaving here. I had stage fright for the first time in my life. That stupid eye batting thing? Complete nerves. I'm usually a look you in the eyes intently kind of gal.

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Gyppo

• Kudos: 28
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2019, 03:25:25 PM »
Stage fright can come out of nowhere with absolutely no warning.