Author Topic: Definitely my Grandaughter: A question of priorities.  (Read 108 times)

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 40
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
Definitely my Grandaughter: A question of priorities.
« on: June 29, 2022, 11:28:45 PM »
   Definitely My Grandaughter ;-)

It's a question of priorities...

Last week she brought her bicycle over and left it for me to fix.  Said she didn't mind if it took a week or two if I had to buy any new parts.  A problem with the front brake.  I fixed it before this week's visit and she rode it around the block a few times to test it.  One happy child.  The plan was they would take it home in the car.

This week was also her birthday.  I got her a couple of books she really wanted, and planned to add a ream of paper, (500 sheets), for drawing and writing, and making the occasional paper aeroplane.  But I forgot to buy it when I was in town yesterday.  (One of those dash around between two buses and get the hell back out days.)

This evening, just before they left to go home, I suggested they run me around to the CO-OP, where I could buy her the paper, and then I'd walk home.

That met with rapturous smiles, until  the problem arose.  With the bike in the back of the car and the seats folded down, Alma would have to ride in the front.  No room for Grandad.

"Never mind, Pet.  You can pick up your paper next week."

She pondered this for a few seconds, clearly torn.

"Could you look after my bicycle until my next visit?  That way you can buy the paper today and I can take it home with me."

"Are you sure?"

"Absolutely.  I need my paper."

My Granddaughter, like the old man, clearly doesn't embrace the concept of a 'paperless world'.

Her bicycle is still leaned against mine in my living room ;-)

Gyppo

Spell Chick

• Kudos: 16
  • Choose well
    • View Profile
Re: Definitely my Grandaughter: A question of priorities.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 02:33:42 PM »
You can only ride your bike for so long. You can write, and draw, and create with paper for far longer and in all weather conditions.
Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 40
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
Re: Definitely my Grandaughter: A question of priorities.
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 04:18:49 PM »
Quite ;-)