Author Topic: Too Damned Hot.  (Read 116 times)

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 40
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
Too Damned Hot.
« on: June 18, 2022, 04:42:07 AM »
Wide awake at 4 AM.  Wandered into my office and switched on the computer.

It's already 80 degrees F in here, before the sun comes up.  Would have been like a damned sauna if I'd not turned the machine off last night.  This is just not English weather.

Yesterday I braved the heat and ambled around downtown.  Glad I did it then.  Today looks like being a no-go for the beleaguered Old Polar Bear.  My eldest lass made me smile.  She said yesterday was too damned hot for comfort indoors, so she and my Grandaughter went for a drive around  in the car because it was cooler in there with the air-con running.  There was a legitimate reason for the journey as well, but she said it was 'lovely' and that going back indoors afterwards felt like walking into an oven.

Today will probably be a good day for doing 'not much at all'.  But for now I will have an early breakfast with the French windows open and birdsong coming in from outside, before the motorway noises really kick in.

Time to break out the fan ;-)

I will also get the milk in off the step and into the fridge before it gets a chance to 'turn'.

"Hey Ho!"

Gyppo

« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 05:00:58 AM by Gyppo »

Laura

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Too Damned Hot.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 12:19:45 PM »
Sounds like the typical summer temps here, Gyppo. I hope you don't have the near 100% humidity, as well. That makes it especially oppressive.

Hang in there, and stay hydrated. Chilled watermelon helps, in my experience.
If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.
Tallulah Bankhead

Spell Chick

• Kudos: 16
  • Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 01:52:40 PM »
Chilled watermelon is a wonderful way to cool off. So is ice cream, especially if it has some chocolate included.
Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 40
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2022, 01:59:29 PM »
It rained for a while and then the wind got up a bit.  So with windows open it's tolerable.