Author Topic: My junior 'Warrior Woman' has earned her first medal.  (Read 75 times)

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 37
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
My junior 'Warrior Woman' has earned her first medal.
« on: September 12, 2021, 08:20:05 PM »
My Grandaughter, aged eight, has completed the Henley 10 K sponsored walk and raised £210 for her chosen charity, Cats Protection.  My two girls walked with her as her support crew, and say she fairly raced around, finishing half an hour ahead of their estimated arrival time.

They avoided the more packed parts of the crowd, because, like most of the family, she's not too good with crowds.  But they found another family group with a ten year old lad and the two kids walked and talked together whilst the adults did likewise.

The weather was kind, and apparently the countryside looked rather wonderful with 'fields of golden grain' to remind them it will soon be Harvest Festival time.

She thoroughly enjoyed it, and now has her first 'finisher's medal'.

If anyone feels like making a belated donation the sponsorship website is still open.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/almas-first-event?utm_source=whatsapp&utm_medium=fundraising&utm_content=almas-first-event&utm_campaign=pfp-whatsapp&utm_term=a7ab205b1ced4446bd8f71443beee6e8

One quietly proud Grandad here.

Gyppo
« Last Edit: September 12, 2021, 10:08:47 PM by Gyppo »

Laura

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 8
    • View Profile
Re: My junior 'Warrior Woman' has earned her first medal.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2021, 10:40:31 PM »
Yay, Alma! That's one cool granddaughter you've got there, Gyppo.
If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner.
Tallulah Bankhead

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 37
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
Re: My junior 'Warrior Woman' has earned her first medal.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 12:19:36 AM »
She's had good examples from the women in our clan ;-)  From her great-great grandmother onwards.