Author Topic: Had my first Covid jab today.  (Read 556 times)

WordBird

• Kudos: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Had my first Covid jab today.
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2021, 06:30:54 PM »
I got my first shot mid-March.  Second shot is scheduled for April 20th.  Moderna.

I had basically no issues at all. My arm was a little sore but only when I tried to sleep on my side. I noticed in the mirror there was a small bruise at the injection site. But after a couple of nights, my sleeping was back to normal.

Hubby felt bad for a few days. His face was flushed and red within an hour of getting the shot. He didn't get off the couch much for a couple of days.

I'll be glad to have 'relative' confidence. But I still plan on wearing a mask as much as possible.
Motivation for Life

Gyppo

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 36
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
Re: Had my first Covid jab today.
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2021, 07:38:15 PM »
We're not out of the woods yet, but we can see light at the edge of the intervening branches.  My second jab is booked in for the Ist of May, so it'll soon be time to organise a new MOT test for the little motorbike and make it road-legal again.

I was just looking at the handwritten list - taped to the side of my hallway bookcase - of places I planned to go, old friends to seek out, before the plague stuck.  Many of them are places I've not seen for fifty years or more.  Some nearer to sixty.  I've not added to it in this last year.  But nor have I taken any back off, so they must be important.

One or two will probably just be ticking off a mental box, to clear the nagging 'I really ought to check out...' list.

One is within walking distance , but I don't want masks in the way  when i go to visit.

Gyppo