Author Topic: The last person to post here wins  (Read 283612 times)

Gyppo

• Kudos: 30
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
Re: The last person to post here wins
« Reply #2085 on: September 11, 2018, 08:50:26 AM »
Poor bloody horse.

The New Forest firefighters were called out to rescue a wild pony stuck inside a small caravan.  The van was being used as a hay store.  The pony found the side door open, got in, made the right angled turn and couldn't get out again.

The rescue crew ended up cutting the end wall off the van, at which point the pony casually stepped out and wandered away after being 'detained' long enough for the on-call vet to check it over.

DGSquared

• Kudos: 8
  • May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: September 11, 2018, 09:40:11 AM »

I hope the pony had its fill of hay before it left.

;D ;D

We had a call one night and the print out said horse alight. Naturally we thought it was a typo but it was a horse alight.
That's terrible! How does that happen? Was someone arrested?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 09:41:44 AM by DGSquared »
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: September 11, 2018, 09:48:43 AM »
I want to think it was someone trying to get rid of a dead horse.  If someone torched a live one I hope they were caught and severely punished.

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: September 11, 2018, 10:08:36 AM »
Okay, scorching a dead horse.  That's a scenario I could grasp, barely.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: September 11, 2018, 11:25:21 AM »
Putting on my writer's hat I can imagine a scenario where someone drives into a horse on a quiet countryside road and kills it.  He's about to do a runner when he realises there may be traces from his car left on the dead horse.  Just as there are traces of horse on his car.  The latter can be resolved 'well enough' at a self service car wash.  But if the horse owner wants to make a major fuss they could possibly find some clues about his car.  Factory standard paint fragments can be surprisingly informative if the police choose to seriously test them.

So he takes out the spare can of petrol, splashes it over the impact area on the horse, where he does indeed see paint traces, and over the owner's brand if it's visible.  Then he sets it alight, probably scorching his eyebrows in the process, and drives away.  If anyone reports it the fire hose pressure would clear away even more evidence.

Plausible, isn't it?  Especially in an age when people see forensic evidence closing all kinds of cases on television programmes.

Gyppo
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 03:34:57 PM by Gyppo »

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: September 11, 2018, 11:57:11 AM »
I would say, "Only in America" but it doesn't sound all that far fetched for any place on the globe. Scary, huh?

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Spell Chick

• Kudos: 14
  • Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: September 11, 2018, 03:24:02 PM »
Dick is mowing the lawn so when it rains a lot, the grass is freshly mowed and can grow to its little heart's content.
Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.
Daily Tidbits A daily ... tidbit. My new blog.

Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: September 11, 2018, 03:32:46 PM »
The grass opposite is starting to look nice again after the previous long dry spell reduced it to a dusty patch of arid brown rattling stalks, so it's probably only a matter of days before the council send their murderer around again with his mower to scalp it.  Probably before the week is finished.

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: September 11, 2018, 05:59:50 PM »
We are getting ready to have the house power washed by God. Pretty impressive when that happens.

We were here less than a year when a Cat 2 hurricane hit land in North Charleston. I actually live in North Charleston, but it is a sprawling suburban city covering lots of square miles. I looked it up and it is 76.6 square miles.

We sat on our lanai and watched the trees fall over with big whooomp sounds.

What we are told can still happen here is a Tropical Storm which is much less than a Cat 2 hurricane. We are staying here for now and hopefully throughout this mess.

I could use some good juju for the electricity gods.

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: September 12, 2018, 08:49:40 AM »
Sending Patti good juju for the gods of shock!

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Laura

• Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: September 12, 2018, 12:17:16 PM »
Keep us posted, Spell. Florence looks to be a real bitch.
Wherever you go, there you are.

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: September 12, 2018, 01:18:54 PM »
I'm doing laundry. Dick is going golfing. Regular Wednesday stuff.
No gym tomorrow because they closed the place. Not sure if I will make up a workout for myself or not. I have the equipment here, if I want to do that.

Nervous, but that's almost a constant condition for me. So I guess, things are normal here.

I am cooking up a huge batch of chicken so we have food to eat if we lose power.

Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: September 12, 2018, 03:40:29 PM »
There's something almost superstitious about this.  "Lets sacrifice a few chickens to appease the weather gods."

sitalakshmi

• Kudos: 2
  • Always Optimistic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: September 12, 2018, 06:36:21 PM »
Hope you stay safe SpellChick. Keep us posted.
Keep Smiling...

Checkmate(my novel) is now available on Amazon Kindle :https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CSTXC3F

Firefly

• Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi
  • Global Moderator
  • Kudos: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: September 13, 2018, 05:25:15 AM »

;D ;D

We had a call one night and the print out said horse alight. Naturally we thought it was a typo but it was a horse alight.
That's terrible! How does that happen? Was someone arrested?
[/quote]

I want to think it was someone trying to get rid of a dead horse.  If someone torched a live one I hope they were caught and severely punished.

The horse was dead and the owner suitably dodgy. It was the third fire on that block, the two prior were houses so when the print out read horse, you can understand us thinking a typo.  ;D

Middle of winter, covered the dead horse in dead wet tree branches and torched it in the middle of town, no brains, happy with out them. The two house fires were arson as well.
Don't take life too seriously, none of us get out of it alive