Author Topic: The last person to post here wins  (Read 129858 times)

Mastafrank

• Kudos: 2
    • View Profile
Re: The last person to post here wins
« Reply #4110 on: July 26, 2019, 08:30:11 PM »
Frank, is having a Blackberry the same has still having an AOL account? ;)

I'm not gonna spend money on a new phone seeing how I only use the blackberry for texting. And browsing

DGSquared

• Kudos: 8
  • May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4111 on: July 26, 2019, 08:41:22 PM »

I'm not gonna spend money on a new phone seeing how I only use the blackberry for texting. And browsing

I wouldn't either. That was just a bit of friendly ribbing, Frank.

I don't know how it works in England but because the word, 'fanny' got me into so much trouble, I'll explain.

Ribbing in America is akin to nudging a friend with an elbow for fun. ;) Frank knows this though.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Spell Chick

• Kudos: 13
  • Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #4112 on: July 26, 2019, 11:22:44 PM »
I tried plugging into a different socket instead of the other outlet in the same one. That didn't help.

I got another Samsung charger and a different Samsung cable and plugged that into an outlet that was lighting a lamp, so I figured that worked. Then the screen went all dark and only a little lightning bolt showed up. I figured it was just dead. It hadn't said it was actually charging.

A new battery would be $99 and we would have to buy some special tools, so I was ready to say good-bye and went to get the damn thing and instead of 0%, it was up to 1%.

It has been plugged into a working socket and at last check was up to 15% after nearly an hour of charging. So no big prize for speed, but it appears to have been either the cable or the other connector. Anyway, it seems to be surviving although I would call it thriving by any means.
Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Mastafrank

• View Profile
« Reply #4113 on: July 27, 2019, 01:03:48 AM »
I tried plugging into a different socket instead of the other outlet in the same one. That didn't help.

I got another Samsung charger and a different Samsung cable and plugged that into an outlet that was lighting a lamp, so I figured that worked. Then the screen went all dark and only a little lightning bolt showed up. I figured it was just dead. It hadn't said it was actually charging.

A new battery would be $99 and we would have to buy some special tools, so I was ready to say good-bye and went to get the damn thing and instead of 0%, it was up to 1%.

It has been plugged into a working socket and at last check was up to 15% after nearly an hour of charging. So no big prize for speed, but it appears to have been either the cable or the other connector. Anyway, it seems to be surviving although I would call it thriving by any means.

My android has same issue,it's the charging dock

I wouldn't either. That was just a bit of friendly ribbing, Frank.

I don't know how it works in England but because the word, 'fanny' got me into so much trouble, I'll explain.

Ribbing in America is akin to nudging a friend with an elbow for fun. ;) Frank knows this though.
if course...

I miss nextscape navigator lol

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #4114 on: July 27, 2019, 02:44:53 AM »
Lawdy, Lawdy, but we are giving our ages away, aren't we? ;) ;D ;D ;D
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Mastafrank

• View Profile
« Reply #4115 on: July 27, 2019, 04:10:56 AM »

Shhh!!

Back in the day it was way better than internet explorer

I remember bugging mum to get an AOL disk,I never realized that hat you needed a physical connection ;D

Remember when you had to log off to use the phone?

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #4116 on: July 27, 2019, 04:25:19 AM »
Nope.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #4117 on: July 27, 2019, 12:31:12 PM »
We got a second landline do I didn't keep getting bumped off when some person called to tell me my car warranty was about to expire.

The tablet was 73% charged this morning and was willing to start up again. Everything seemed to be working fine. I did my yoga practice with the thing unplugged and it dropped to 69% over 35 minutes. It is now back upstairs, plugged in again and I hope the damn thing works again tomorrow.

Remember Ask Jeeves and Alta Vista? Good times, good times.

Gyppo

• Kudos: 26
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4118 on: July 27, 2019, 02:03:13 PM »

Probably the only way to get rid of it...  I doubt if anyone would want to pay me for mine

If I tried to donate my body to medical research they'd probably ask for a security deposit.  Or sue my family ;-)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 09:47:26 AM by Gyppo »

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #4119 on: July 27, 2019, 10:11:06 PM »
As long as we keep on winning we're doing okay.

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #4120 on: July 27, 2019, 11:28:09 PM »
I am working on another crochet project. I really am typing. I should be working on another crochet project. I guess that means I post and then get back to work. That may be an all around win.

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #4121 on: July 28, 2019, 03:45:18 AM »
Maybe we aren't winning. Have you seen the documentary, The Great Hack? It's on Netflix.

It's about Cambridge Analytica, Brittany Kaiser, Brexit, the Trump Campaign, and how Facebook gets 100% of its revenue from selling our illegally mined and sold data. It's frigging scary!

Behavioral psychology was used to screw the world. 

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Gyppo

• Kudos: 26
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4122 on: July 28, 2019, 08:44:53 AM »
How many times do you have to tell people there's no such thing as a free lunch before they believe you?

Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • View Profile
« Reply #4123 on: July 28, 2019, 12:00:43 PM »
Should I Google that? Oh wait, they sell their data, too. We are all data depositors.

It was John Wannamaker who said, “Half the money I spend on advertising is wasted; the trouble is I don't know which half.”

They keep wanting our ads to be more "relevant" and what they are is so ubiquitous that we stopped seeing them at all.

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #4124 on: July 29, 2019, 12:21:37 AM »
All ads except the ones on, Super Bowl Sunday, have become a mere annoyance to me. I refuse to buy anything that presents as an online or pop-up ad, even if I think I might like it or need it. I'll buy a different, usually generic or planet-friendly brand if it's something I must have but I don't buy anything because of an ad.  >:( ???

At least not consciously.  :-\

« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 12:23:48 AM by DGSquared »

Blondesplosion! ~Deb