Author Topic: Why the fork?  (Read 8710 times)

DGSquared

• Kudos: 8
  • May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
Re: Why the fork?
« Reply #195 on: August 31, 2019, 08:46:25 AM »
Je crois que c'est Krispy Kream, un jour.
I have no idea what you said but it did sound Krispy and Kreamy.

Maybe just suggestive? ??? :P ;) ;D
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Mark Hoffmann

• Kudos: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 31, 2019, 08:48:25 AM »
Anything in French sounds suggestive. Anything in German sounds scary. Anything in Welsh sounds like bronchitis.
If you like Bob the Alien he gets a good run out in my NaPoWriMo 2018. Download pdf here: http://www.scribblers-ring.co.uk/downloads/napowrimo_mhh_201804.pdf

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 31, 2019, 08:52:36 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D   

What do English giggles sound like?

Do not say, "LOL".
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Gyppo

• Kudos: 26
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2019, 09:00:33 AM »
Air Canada has been ordered to pay a French-speaking couple 21,000 Canadian dollars ($15,700; £12,900) and write them a letter of apology for violating their linguistic rights.

The couple complained that some signs on a domestic flight they took were only in English, while others gave the French version less prominence.

What a ludicrous amount of money to give someone just because they were slightly pissed off.  Presumably they managed to find the damned plane.  What more do they need?

I hope the letter of apology is written in English ;-)  Even better, in the English of Chaucer.

Mark Hoffmann

• View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2019, 09:06:06 AM »
How temping would it be it end with a PS?

PS: I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
If you like Bob the Alien he gets a good run out in my NaPoWriMo 2018. Download pdf here: http://www.scribblers-ring.co.uk/downloads/napowrimo_mhh_201804.pdf

DGSquared

• View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 31, 2019, 09:45:51 AM »
Goodnight, or rather, Good morning, Gentlemen. I'm off to slumber for a bit. Have a great day, both of you, :-* :-*.

Blondesplosion! ~Deb

Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 15, 2019, 04:31:52 PM »
Why the fork do online insurance brokers assume I want to talk to their pointy headed little staff.  I'm shopping for motorcycle insurance.  I thought I'd get a few online quotes.  This entails answering a few questions on a form.  I gave them my email address, and then the next question was a request for my mobile phone number.

The software won't let you answer any more questions without giving a number.

It won't accept n/a as an answer.  Yes, I realise i could make one up.  But I shouldn't have to.

What if you don't have a phone?  Tough shit, baby.  Apparently you are unworthy of their time.

If I can be bothered to fill in their poxing form they could at least give me the

Insurance is money for old rope anyway, with so many excuses not to pay out.  Heaven forbid that I should expect them to do anything so arduous as to put fingers to keys and give me a written reply.  After all, they asked me for my e-dress, didn't they?  Or was that just so they could sell it to other companies who will bombard me with irrelevant offers?

I'm just looking for quotes to get a best price, not a meaningful relationship with some denizen of a cubicle farm.

All this tech was supposed to make life easier.

Gyppo

Mark Hoffmann

• View Profile
« Reply #202 on: September 15, 2019, 05:07:16 PM »
If you think you had a bad day, imagine being a French postman.

BBC
Fertility experts Roger Mieusset and Bourras Bengoudifa measured the temperature of French postmen's testicles, both naked and clothed.

They found the left one is warmer, but only when a man has his clothes on.

What utter bollocks.

Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 16, 2019, 08:53:40 AM »
French postmen have testicles?

Mark Hoffmann

• View Profile
« Reply #204 on: September 16, 2019, 09:10:28 AM »
Unlike French soldiers, indeed they do.

It makes you wonder if the right female flap is colder than the left and this is some kind of evolutionary, opposites attract, docking system.  :-\

Gyppo

• View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 16, 2019, 09:36:43 AM »
You could probably spend a lifetime researching this and still not reach any definite conclusion ;-)