Author Topic: what format restrictions  (Read 1464 times)

miggu53

• Kudos: 0
    • View Profile
what format restrictions
« on: December 08, 2019, 06:02:32 PM »
I am currently using Microsoft Word 2016, I have six pages with almost 5000 words. I do not have any idea what the finished product should look like, and I would hate to get it ready to send just to find out I have to fix or remove all formatting. is there set font types, or font sizes? what about indents at start of paragraph, or spacing between lines or paragraphs?
is submission still all mailed in, or I am hoping electronic transmission. we you get the picture, I know nothing and do not wish to create more work by not doing it right the first time; as the old adage says "if you do not have time to do it right the first time, where will you find the time to do it over?"

thanks folks
Mike

rewh2oman

• View Profile
Re: what format restrictions
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 09:03:29 PM »
Hi Mike

All good questions.

Depending on the Website you want to submit to the submission requirements may vary. Read their specific requirements.
Also, some require electronic submission only while others also offer the option of mailing them via USPS (snail-mail).

Here is one website that has templates for novels, short stories etc.

https://www.shunn.net/format/

Some require this format while others have their own.

Read and adhere to the submission requirements of the website to which you're submitting.

miggu53

• View Profile
Re: what format restrictions
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 10:38:55 AM »
thank you