Author Topic: Greetings All  (Read 2288 times)

miggu53

• Kudos: 0
    • View Profile
Greetings All
« on: December 08, 2019, 05:39:24 PM »
hey y'all, I am new to writing, although it is something I have dreamed about all my life, and now that I am retired I have to time to pursue this dream. I will be focused mainly on fiction, probably mostly novels, but I will try my hand at shorts, just right now none my currents ideas don't lend themselves well to short stories. My first, unless I change to a different idea, will be fantasy.
I am so glad to have found you folks. I have been reading 'Telling Lies for Fun and Profit' from Lawrence Block, but the copywrite is dated early 80, so it is outdated. He gives a lot of good story telling hints on style and so on, but then he starts talking about typewriters, type ribbons, and mailing large manuscripts. I have not been able to get information on formatting said manuscripts. I have already seen one of your forums where I can finally get to these questions and find the answers. My fear is that I will get to completion just to find out I can not use it without first going through and fixing or removing format issues.

ta ta
Mike 

rewh2oman

• Kudos: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings All
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2019, 08:55:33 PM »
Hi Mike

Happy retirement!

Come in and take a look around.

DGSquared

• Kudos: 8
  • May the farce be with you.
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings All
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 06:36:02 AM »
Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your retirement. I hope you'll settle in and feel at home here.
I look forward to enjoying your work.

Stop in and check out the word games and if you're feeling adventurous add a few lines or even a chapter to The Village and Hateful, Minnesota.

If you have any questions, we're all willing to help. Feel free to reach out to anyone, we're a friendly lot.

We're glad to have you.

Have a bountiful day.

~Deb :)
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

A child’s life is like a piece of paper on which every passerby leaves a mark. -Chinese proverb

Blondesplosion! ~Deb