Author Topic: My first writing experience  (Read 209 times)

Anass

• Kudos: 0
    • View Profile
My first writing experience
« on: April 26, 2019, 11:47:10 PM »
Do you believe in spirits? This is one of the most argued questions in the world, some people believe they exist and some people don’t. In this essay, I will try as much as I could to write my story about ghosts and why I don’t think they exist.

When I was a very little kid, about the age when the kids develop the very fundamental stones of their personality, I remember that I was immersed by people who believed in spirits- even my parents who were my safety shell, they were injected by that believe. I remember the stories about how ghosts look like and how they enter the human body, which was a reality since though- because it is written in the book of reality (A religious book). I remember some credible parts of my family, telling me their experiences and how they confront with them; In some words, If I have written what I have heard and the feeling I have felt when I was like every white paper kid, I think I would fill a library of books. 

But afterward, my oldest brother came to revolutionize my vision about reality as well as my thinking about spirits. By asking me “Do you think religions are true ?”. By this sinful question to some people he opened to me a big solid gate in my head and made me become very skeptical about everything. Therefore, I don’t believe in ghosts because I didn’t find any evidence, unless stories, about their existence.

And in the end, although my past - kind of - dragged in my subconscious mind with some unproven myths, I end up with an experience that will help me in the future, to not repeat the same mistake with my children. And as Paul Bear Bryant once said: “When you make a mistake, there are only three things you should ever do about it: admit it, learn from it, and don’t repeat it.”
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 11:49:11 PM by Anass »

Lin Treadgold

• Kudos: 2
    • View Profile
Re: My first writing experience
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 10:32:07 AM »
An interesting piece of writing.  It would need editing, but for a first attempt, I suggest you got some talent there.  What do you intend with this?  I think I would need to know more about your intentions, is it a book, a short story or something else?

Lin

jorge

• Kudos: 1
    • View Profile
    • King of the Bullies
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 10:31:33 PM »
It's fair for a first time writing. Is this intended to be for a short story?
King of the Bullies, an ebook, narrates about outrageous suveillance, endless persecution, based largely on real events.

indar9

• Kudos: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2019, 02:45:07 AM »
Hello Anass,

Overall your premise and supporting argument is not very convincing to me.

This is one of the most argued questions in the world, some people believe they exist and some people don’t.

How has the N come to the conclusion that this is the most argued question? If there is an arguement we can assume there are people who do and don't believe. I would rather hear about the substance of the argument. Why do some people believe? But most intrigueing would be the reason the parents believe and how did they influence the N during formative years. I would love to hear about what the N has observed, using the parents as example.

I also want to know how the brother's question opened the N to questioning the parents' belief. I think you have an interesting view point but it needs to be personalized rather than given in generalized statements.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 02:50:49 AM by indar9 »

Lin Treadgold

• Kudos: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 07:13:52 PM »
This contributor hasn't been back for his critique since April.

Lin